Saturday, March 29, 2008

Care After Cancer

Day two rolled around and I rolled out of bed still stuck in yesterday. But thankfully I made it to the conference on time to attend my first session titled “Cancer Survivorship.”

OK, so this wasn’t an attractive feature. But, like I posted earlier, my grandmother was diagnosed with breast cancer and my eyes perked up when I saw the topic outside the room.

I must say this was one of the first sessions I paid close attention to, but I can’t exactly figure out why. It was just fascinating to me.

I’ll get to the point of the blog now, I guess.

We heard four panelists talking about cancer – choices, support, physical activity and life after cancer. That being said, life after breast cancer should not be ignored in the press.

Perhaps we should write about stories regarding how physical activity helps recovery. Perhaps we should write about the theory of empowerment and what it does for making choices. Perhaps we should write about women’s stories – give me a long feature please.

I loved it all. I wanted to write it all. If I heard this talk two months ago, I really would have had a long feature to write.

1 comment:

Ariana Richardo said...

The next time I read a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I know it was my choice to read, but I actually thought youd have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you could fix if you werent too busy looking for attention.

Website
Information